The camp offers early morning and afternoon game drives with enthusiastic and very experienced rangers. Their knowledge of the area is unsurpassed and you can look forward to enjoying exciting close encounters every time you set out. Game drives use open-sided 4X4 game viewing vehicles which optimise viewing and photographic opportunities. If you would prefer to pack even more excitement into your day you can book half-day or even full-day game drives.
Nkambeni also offers night drives which give you the opportunity to see some of the park’s nocturnal creatures or possibly catch a glimpse of the big cats as they become active and set off to hunt.
GUIDED BUSH WALKS
A guided bush walk is a wonderful way of getting up close to many of the smaller creatures, plants and birds that we often overlook on a game drive. If you are up for a great adventure you can join one of our excellent guides on foot in the concession. This is a great opportunity to do some bird watching and photography and identify many endemic plant species.
SELF-DRIVE GAME VIEWING
Nkambeni is just a few miles from Numbi Gate which makes it very easy to set off on your own for some self-drive game watching within the Kruger National Park. This could be a good option for families if their young children get restless on the organised game drives.
Visitors needling some rest and relaxation can enjoy lounging around the swimming pool or just relaxing in the comfortable lounge area with a good book. To stay in contact – if you must – there is Wi-Fi available in the public areas. The pool and bar areas overlook a water hole and there will usually be some wildlife to see as you sip a cocktail or relax with a cool drink.
ACTIVITIES CLOSE TO NKAMBENI
Nkambeni Safari Camp is ideally placed to access a wide variety of Lowveld activities and attractions when you feel like a change of pace. Why not embark on a grand adventure and get a bird’s-eye view of the park from the lofty heights of a Hot Air Balloon? Other popular activities include river rafting, elephant encounters, cultural visits to near-by villages and panoramic tours to explore the magnificent Blyde River Canyon, the world’s largest “green canyon” which boasts some of the deepest canyon cliffs in the world.
Near-by activities include
- A scenic drive along the Panorama route
- Enjoy a visit to a few of the many waterfalls in the area.
- Experience the amazing view from God’s Window
- Visit the Bourke’s Luck Potholes.
- Drive through the Blyde River canyon, the third largest canyon in the world
- Explore Gold Rush history at Pilgrim’s Rest.
- Go Hot-air ballooning near Hazyview
- Try your hand at white-water river rafting near Hazyview
- Experience an Elephant encounter at the Elephant Sanctuary in Hazyview
- Visits Chimp Eden, the Jane Goodall Institute Chimpanzee sanctuary near Nelspruit
- Tee off at a local Golf course – Skukuza / Kruger Park lodge / Sabi River Sun etc.