At Nkambeni Safari Camp the entire team is dedicated to the preservation of our pristine wilderness areas and to providing each and every guest with an authentic African Safari Experience. To this end we offer a wide range of outstanding facilities and all the related game-viewing activities you would expect to find, including guided game drives, night drives and Big 5 walks. All this is provided within a framework of conservation and sustainability.
Nkambeni Safari Camp was the brainchild of the Nkambeni Community, who conceived the idea of establishing a sustainable and eco-friendly source of income for the local Nkambeni people. As you enjoy your wonderful wildlife experience you can rest assured that your safari is directly contributing to a long list of community projects.
We believe that our people are our greatest asset. They are at the heart of our business and we treat all our people and their broader community with honesty, respect and transparency. We encourage cultural tourism in all its many guises and strive to provide local economic empowerment through community development and upliftment.
We are currently involved in a wide variety of community projects including:
- Feeding schemes, water supply (tanks and boreholes) and general school maintenance.
- Assistance to churches and clinics with regard to necessary infrastructure
- We sponsor annual football tournaments for the Nkambeni community
- We assist with development of cultural experiences like traditional dancing, singing and more.
- We support anti-poaching education within the community.
- We also offer support and fund-raising for community feeding schemes and safe-houses for orphans
- We support and encourage general clean-up days.